Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Proverbs 21:9


Do your kitchen knives, forks, etc., ever get a field trip?
Lucky you if they DON'T.

Periodically mine do. 

I've never signed them up for it.

they don't want to go...


regardless


Last evening hubby was taking a stereo out of a car.

He needed something long and thin...just like a table knife.

I heard him rummaging in the kitchen, then head out the door.

I KNEW what he was up to. 

Up I jumped, rescued the good flatware

suggested he use the cheap-bends-really-easy set. 

After all we only paid $20 dollars for it, 

compared to the pieces in his hand.



He sighed big ...and finally agreed.

But.....

he did still have my better paring knife in his hand.

I just hollared..

" fine..I'll just go buy me a new paring knife!

You'll have to pay for it.!" 

( technically he paid for the one in his hand too)



I was furious!

I wanted to follow him out to the car,

go and hollar, rant and rave.


However, that's not a good idea,

doesn't set a good example,

makes me look foolish,

and often doesn't bring about the desired result.  



So I sat on the couch and fummed.

Eventually he came in,

put them back in the drawer!!

I said sweetly and kindly (HA!)

"At least WASH them before putting them back!"


He responded with much love and gentleness (double ha) 

in his voice

"we DIDN'T even use them!"


Not much conversation after that.

It was bedtime after all.


While I was enjoying nursing my anger,

he was in the bedroom laughing at the tv.

WELL!! 

Maybe I'll sleep across the hall tonight!

Then he'll know I mean business.

I AM MAD!




But I didn't.

I slept right beside that snoring man.

I slept all night long. 

Peacefully.


I remembered a  Proverb.

Proverbs 21:9 specifically

"Better to live on a corner of a roof

than to share a home with a quarrelsome wife."

 








1 comment:

  1. I'm in a huge "live and let live" stage of life. It is a peaceful way to live. I hope you will be ok.

    ReplyDelete